CSI CONTINUAL SERVICE IMPROVEMENT
To ensure continual improvements to IT Service Management Processes and IT Services.
Processes (3 Procesess) SS7
Service Level Management
7 Steps to Continual Service Improvements
Metrics - Something that can be measured in terms of numbers
Baseline - A Starting Point can be used for later comparison
Reasons to Monitor
Validate: Are we supporting the strategy and vision?
Direct: Based on factual data, can people be guided to change behavior?
Justify: Do we have the right targets and metrics?
Intervene: Take corrective actions for improving opportunities?
SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Repeatable, Timely)
3 Types of Metrics
Technology: Associated with components
Service: End to End services
Process: Captured in form of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
CSI Improvement Model
What is the vision?
Where are we now?
Where do we want to be?
How do we get there?
Did we get there?
How do we keep momentum going?
CSI 7 Model (IDG PAPI)
1. Identify the Strategy for Improvement
2. Define what we can measure
3. Gather the data (Who, How, When, Integrity of Data)
4. Process the data (Frequency, Format)
5. Analyze the data (Relations, Trends)
6. Present and use the information (Summary)
7. Implement corrective actions
SLM (Evaluate SLM to see what can be improved)